Good Morning!! First off, I wanted to thank each of you for your warm thoughts and prayers regarding my hubby’s surgery. He seems to be doing pretty well today. In a lot of pain..but well!! But I am off work until next Tuesday so, I am trying to take care of the best I can. Since we are homebound today, I figured I would make an awesome slow-cooker recipe that is a tried and true in our house.
CUBE STEAKS WITH GRAVY:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope mushroom gravy mix
- 1 envelope onion gravy mix
- Hot mashed potatoes or cooked noodles
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add steaks, a few at a time, and shake until completely coated. In a skillet, cook steaks in oil until lightly browned on each side. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion and 2 cups water. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a bowl, whisk together gravy mixes with remaining water. Add to slow cooker; cook 30 minutes longer. Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.
PLEASE GIVE THIS ONE A TRY..SO EASY AND IT’S TRUE “COMFORT” FOOD!!!
TIL NEXT TIME..HUGS!! CARRIE♥