Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thank You Donna @ One Simple Country Girl

Thank you Donna @ One Simple Country Girl for your recommendation for our Gatlinburg trip!! It is funny that you had mentioned The Eight Gable Inn…that was one of the spots that I was contemplating. I have ALWAYS wanted to stay at a B and B. But “Papa Bear” really wanted to stay in a cabin. So, we opted for that route. But next time…The Eight Gable Inn, it is!! HA!!

I do admit, I am a little nervous to be going in the Winter for the fear that there will not be a lot to do. Or that some of the attractions will be shut down due to it being the “off-season”. But the receptionist that we booked our cabin with assured us that there will be plenty of things to do and see. I sure hope so!!

Have any of you been to the Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg area during the Winter months? And if so, what tourist attractions would you recommend?

Like “Papa Bear” told me the other night…I am really over thinking this one. Like that is anything new for me…HA!! And I know that I am…but I guess I am feeling a little guilty.

You see, this trip is supposed to be for our 20th Wedding Anniversary…so, a pretty BIG one!! But since I have a fear of flying, we are kind of limited to where we can go.

So, I think in my mind, I am just really worried that this trip isn’t going to be as memorable as it could be if we could go anywhere we wanted. Does that make sense!?!?!?

Ok, I am just rambling now, and I really need to leave for work…it is 6:34am and I should of left at 6:30…OOPPPSSSS!!

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL day!! And until next time!!

Big hugs!! Carrie  

2 comments:

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

Hey Carrie! You are welcome and I totally understand about having to give in the hubby on some decisions! I'm not sure what you guys like to do for fun, but there are a lot of dinner shows, comedy shows and theaters, museums (the Titanic is now open and I can highly recommend it), and of course shopping, shopping, and more shopping there!!! One place that is good to eat at is the Old Mill Restaurant in downtown Pigeon Forge. It's good old fashioned home cooking that is reasonalbly priced and if you go away hungry, it's your own fault! LOL! They give you a lot of food for your money. And they have a real working mill there with a gift shop and lots of pretty picture opportunities since it is situated right on the Pigeon River! There is the Smoky Mountain Arts and Crafts community in Gatlinburg which is a 3 mile loop of craft shops of all kinds. We usually drive it as they are kind of spread out and it's easier to just drive thru the community and just stop at whichever ones you want to visit. As far as the shows go, one that my hubby and I really enjoy is the Comedy Barn in Pigeon Forge. It's good, clean, family style comedy that will have you holding your ribs from laughing so hard. Another really good dinner show is Dixie Stampede in Pigeon Forge. Good food and a show all for one price! Oh, and there is also Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg. That's always a good place to visit too. O.k., I'll shut up for now. You get the idea! LOL! If you have any other questions, please drop me an e-mail at onesimplecountrygirl@ymail.com
I'll be happy to help you out any way that I can! I am very excited for y'all and I hope you have an awesome time!
Hugs,
Donna

Unknown said...

latest Bengali News Visit https://wp.me/p9ji30-qN