Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!

happy-new-year-2011-wallpaper-set-3 Welcome 2011!!

I hope you all had a safe and wonderful start to the New Year, so far!! How did you all “Ring In The New Year”?!?!? Did attend a friend’s party? Or did you all cuddle at home with family and watch a movie?

Since it was yearend at work, I ended up having to work late. So, “Papa Bear” and I just had a quick dinner (which BTW, thanks for making pumpkin!), ran to Target and then come home cuddled up and watched a movie.  Unfortunately, I think I was sleeping by 9:30…HA!!

At work, we did have a “Snack Day” to welcome in the New Year. And possibly for the fear that we were going to have to pull an all-nighter. HA!! So, I decided to bring my ‘Sausage Enchilada Dip’. 

showimage

Speaking of welcoming in the New Year…I am SO ready for 2011!! Like many of you, our family has experienced both good and bad in the year 2010. But since trying to maintain a positive and upbeat attitude is one of my 2011 Resolutions, my hopes for the New Year are nothing but good.

Speaking of New Years Resolutions…mine for this year are based around the FIVE F’s :

FAITH…

FAMILY…

FRIENDS…

FINANCES…

and lastly FITNESS…

 ~FAITH~ In 2010 my family and I starting going to church. This has to be one of my favorite things that has happened to our family in this past year. And in 2011, I can’t wait to see how our journey in our faith will grow. Not only do I want to try to make sure we attend church regularly, I would also like to get involved more in church activities/committees, etc.

~FAMILY~ As some of you may know from reading my last few posts,  in the month of December our family lost TWO precious loved ones. So, this has put so many things into prospective in the past few weeks. Not that family hasn’t always been important to me…but in 2011, I am going to make a more conscience effort to spend more QT with my loved ones…and start treating them with the “Golden Rules”.

~FRIENDS~ This resolution kinda goes hand in hand with my previous resolution. As many of you know, good friends are hard to come by. And whenever you find one, you generally love them like they are family. So, in my opinion…the same “rules” should imply. And with that being said, Blogging is going to be a bigger part of my life this year. I truly do enjoy it. I love getting a peak into so many of your lives. I love finding new recipes and decorating ideas. And like many of you, I have made some wonderful friends thru my blog.

~FINANCES~ I think this one is pretty self-explanatory…I think we all have been hit hard in these trying times. And it has made me realize how desperately I would love to be out of debt.

~FITNESS~ I know this resolution is usually this first resolution that is broken….well at least in this house. HA!! I would really like to try to stick with this one this year. As “Papa Bear” and I FASTLY approach the age of 40, I would love to see us take our health a little bit more seriously. Both our physical and emotional health… 

So, in saying all of this…I hope that 2010 was good to you all. And I hope that 2011 is EVERYTHING you want it to be….GOD BLESS!!

BIG Hugs!! Carrie

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I like your Five F's resolutions! We are starting (our church is starting) Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University this month and wants to help everyone get out of debt. We've already read his book and it makes so much sense. We've already started and even though our debt isn't getting smaller quickly, it's getting smaller!