Monday, February 16, 2009

"Girl's Day!!"


Since, I was off work today in celebration of President's Day. "Miss Priss" and I thought it would be a perfect day for a "Girl's Day". So, while "Big Daddy" was at work and "Muscles" was over at a friend's house we figured we would make a day of it and go Prom dress shopping and "do lunch".

I have to admit, it was kind of a bittersweet day for me. You see this is "Miss Priss" third year going to Prom. She went her Sophomore, Junior and now she will be going her Senior year. So we pretty much have this whole Prom dress shopping thing down to a Science. So finding "THE" dress was pretty painless but as I stood there watching my baby girl trying all of the dresses on I couldn't help but to wonder where has the time gone!?!?

She is such a beautiful girl, inside and out. And I am SO proud of her but a the same time I caught myself wanting to cry. I can't believe that my baby is a Senior!! I can't believe that she will be starting college in the Fall. And then getting married. Then babies of her own....gosh, I really am jumping ahead of myself here. But I am sure all you Mother out there know what I mean!!

But we really did have a fun day!! She is such a fun girl to be around. She makes me smile and laugh. And even though it makes me sad sometimes that the kids are both getting older. It is days like this that will forever be in my heart!!

BTW, we did find "THE" dress...but "Miss Priss" asked me to keep it a surprise until the "big" day!! So, please stay tuned for the big reveal....

7 comments:

Scrapper Mom said...

Aw, how fun. Big Dan says he's not going to prom this year. We'll see...

Yes, I totally know how you feel.

CozyGirl said...

You two look so pretty ! Sounds like a fun day ! Can't wait to see the dress :-)
Janae

Scrapper Mom said...

oh and I would totally invite you to be my friend on facebook if I knew your last name! lol.

Pam said...

What a great day! I totally know what you mean about looking ahead while your baby is growing up. I will be a basket case when Coco gets closer to leaving the nest. She is only 8 and I think about these things. Crazy I know

April said...

Your daughter is gorgeous! You two look so much alike! I know where you're coming from with her leaving the nest soon...it is a bittersweet time. Brittany is a junior, so she's not far behind. We have to start shopping for a prom dress soon! Can't wait!

April said...

Hey!
Just got back from the post office...your package should arrive on Thursday...ENJOY!

April said...

Hey Carrie~
Just making sure that you received the package I sent you...did everything make it in one piece?