Hey ladies, I think I maybe late for Colleen’s Homemade Holiday Friday , but I guess as the saying goes better late than never.
Tonight I decided to change things up a little bit. And share a tried and true dessert recipe versus an appetizer.
Trust me this one is SUPER easy!!
GOOEY BUTTER COOKIES
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Add cake mix, and stir until well blended. Roll into 1inch balls and roll the balls in the confectioners' sugar. Place 1 inch apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.