Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Secret Love Affair with......Paula Deen!!



Hee Hee!! Got your attention didn't I!?!?!?


I don't know about any of you but I have had a long term secret (ok, ok...maybe in my house it's NOT so secret!!) love affair with Paula Deen for years now. Basically ever since she first aired on the Food Network. So needless to say, stopping by her restaurant The Lady and Sons in Savannah, GA was a "HAVE TO" stop on our way to our family vacation to Hilton Head, SC this past summer.


The food was wonderful!! But her peach cobbler was even better. So with Fall being in the air. And peaches being in season. I thought I would share the perfect (or at least in our family's opinion) Peach Cobbler recipe (courtesy of Paula deen of course!!)




Peach Cobbler

serves 8 to 10


8 tabelspoons (1 stick) butter

1 cup sugar

3/4 cup self-rising flour

3/4 cup milk

1 (28 once) can sliced peaches in syrup, undrained


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put butter in deep baking dish and place in oven to melt. Mix sugar and flour; add milk slowly to prevent lumping. Pour over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup. Still do not stir; batter will rise to top during baking. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Good with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.


2 comments:

Scrapper Mom said...

Thanks for stopping by Carrie. Very nice to meet you. I noticed we have good taste in blog desgins!! LOL.

I have a friends whose mother looks just like Paula Dean. Cool, huh?

Shannon said...

You were so sweet to post about my giveaway!!! Thank you!!

I love Paula Deen too! She is so funny and so practical!