Saturday, November 21, 2009

Simple Country

Simple Country Treasures ~ Lebanon, IL.

~UPDATE~ I just wanted to give a quick update on the situation with my daughter's ex-boyfriend's Aunt (gosh that was a mouthful) My daughter has since gotten an apology from the Ex. Then his Mom called me and I basically told her that I had NO problems with the Ex or her. But until the Aunt could call and apologize to my daughter, the Aunt and I would have problems...needless to say, the woman apologized thru a text. YES a text!! I know real classy. But you know what? We are over it!! God doesn't like ugly and she will regret her decisions one day.

Anyway, not much going on here...same ol' same ol'. Spent my Saturday doing laundry. And LOTS of it!! Oh well, at least it is done and we all have clean clothes. I have been trying to update my Facebook status with something that I am thankful for everyday, as so are others. And the other day I read an update where a girl I know was thankful for the mountain of laundry she was doing because it meant that her and her husband could afford to put clothing on their children's backs. I thought that was awesome way of looking at it!!

Today was another pretty day here in the midwest. Perfect fall day. I was wanting to go to the local town of Lebanon, IL. They were having their Victorian Holiday celebration. And I was hoping to go and take a look in a few of the shops I love there. One being Simple Country Treasures. And the other being Calico Moon. But unfortunately, "Big Daddy" hasn't been feeling good. And now "Muscles" is following suit. Gosh, I hope I don't get it!! That sounded bad didn't it!?!?!

Looking forward to going to church tomorrow. Hope the boys feel better, so they can go. Tomorrow will be my 3rd time going to this church but I really enjoy it. I have been feeling really at peace lately, and it feels good!! I know I even posted a little while back about how I hoped my husband would go with me. Well I am happy to report that last week he did and he REALLY like it. He told me while we were leaving the service last Sunday that at first he went for me (to shut me up, I think were his exact words...LOL!!) But that he will DEFINITELY being going with me this week and that he will be going for himself this time NOT me. That made me happy!!

Anyway, I guess that is it for now....I hope you all are having fun and relaxing weekend!!

Til next time...Hugs!! Carrie

2 comments:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

So glad you might have found "the church." And that your husband likes it too - what a blessing!

Pam said...

Glad to hear you have maybe found a home church and Big Daddy is on board too. It is a great blessing when you both go.
Pam