Monday, May 5, 2008

Menu Plan Monday (Newbie!!)


Even though I am new to the "blogging world" (as far as having my own blog). I have been a "viewer" for quite a while now. And one of the first blogs I started reading was orgjunkie.com, so joining her Menu Plan Monday is quite a "blogging milestone" for me!! One for which I am excited about but am also crossing my fingers that I do correctly. I tried last week only to realize I posted my name on her site without connecting any links...did I also mention that I am also techie challenged?
So on to my menu...
Mon - Mexican Chicken (recipe courtesy of Paula Deen) - This recipe is great for a quick and easy weeknight meal. Especially if you use a Rotisserie chicken like I do!
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can of each cream of mushroom, cream of chicken and cheddar cheese soup
1 (10 ounce) can of Rotel
1 whole chicken, cooked, boned and chopped
Unsalted butter, for greasing pan
1 (11 1/2 ounce) pkg of flour tortillas
2 cups shredded cheddar
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 13x9 pan w/ butter.
In a large bowl, stir together the 3 kinds of soups, the Rotel and the chicken
Layer the tortillas, the chicken mixture in the pan, beginning and ending with the tortillas. Sprinkle the cheese over the casserole.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Tues - Crock Pot Pizza / Salad
Wed - Taco Soup w/ Tortilla Chips and Toppings
Thur - Gumbo / Cornbread
Fri- Smothered Pork Chops / Mashed Potatoes / Veggie
Sat - Crock Pot Chicken Pasta / Salad / Breadsticks
Sun - Swiss Steak / Mashed Potatoes / Breadsticks

1 comments:

Laura said...

Hey I'm so glad you've joined us!! So glad you did. Have a wonderful and yummy week :)

Laura