Friday, January 15, 2010

Food Friday


Back in Monday’s post, I shared last week’s menu for my family. And one of the sides that mentioned was Green Been Bundles.

I first heard about these little bundles of PURE YUMMINESS over HERE. And let me just tell your ever since..they have been a stable in our weekly menus.

Not are they super easy. They are, like I said..YUMMO!!

Green Bean Bundles

Ingredients:

2 or 3 cans of whole green beans

bacon slices

1 stick of butter

1 cup brown sugar

tsp garlic salt

Wrap a handful of the green beans in half of bacon slice. That makes one bundle-keep going for as many bundles as you like. Melt the stick of butter. Now stir in the cup of brown sugar and tsp of garlic salt. Pour mixture over green bean bundles. Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes. Then put under the broiler for about 4 or 5 minutes at the end.

 

1 comments:

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

Hi! I came across your blog from More Prim than Proper's blog list. I make a version of these green bean bundles that is very similar to yours except I add a bottle of Russian salad dressing poured over mine before baking. You are right ~ they are good!!! I love your blog and have signed on to follow. I'd be honored if you would check mine out too!
Hugs,
Donna