Thursday, July 2, 2009

Calgon Take Me Away!! Advice Needed....(again)!!

OH.MY.GOODNESS, girls!! Where to start!?!? So, much has happened since I last posted. I have done a little tweaking in the house, we finished the Koi pond and we had a Graduation party for "Miss Priss". Which I will be showing pics of all later. But this post is to vent, or maybe get some advice...not quite sure which.

Let me just start about two days ago when I was called into a meeting with my immediate supervisor, who let's just say is a complete JERK!!!!! I am not even exaggerating....let me put it this way, this is a man who was recently caught having an affair with his wife's best friend and who he has since left the wife (and two children I might add) for!! Not to mention who actually went on a family vacation with his family and the wife's best friend's family all the while the two of them were having an affair!!

Needless to say, this man has absolutely NO respect for woman...NONE whats so ever!! So, during our meeting he started getting very disrespectful towards me for no apparent reason, so I LOST it!!! I have worked for this company for 12 years and I have been in this same department for 11 of those 12. And I have NEVER been so mad. I actually told him that I QUIT and I walked out!! I got to my desk threw my security pass on my desk and told my co-workers that I QUIT!!

Of course, as soon as I got the parking garage and in my car I started BALLING!! I knew that I had made a major mistake but at the same time felt a great sense of relief! Not that I am the type of person to have ever done that but between work and home I guess I was at a major breaking point! As you are all aware of, my job is a HUGE source of my stress!! And my supervisor totally disrespecting me was the straw that broke the camel's back!!

The rest of that afternoon and evening I received several phone calls from co-workers, etc. asking me to reconsider and to come back. So, I did. Even after "Big Daddy" suggested that I take a month or two off of work and then try to look for something else. That he knew my job made me very unhappy lately and that he would support my decision 110%

Anyway, I went in yesterday and had a "formal" sit down with the immediate supervisor and both of our manager per their request. And let me say, it did not go well at all. Our manager was very compassionate and understanding but my supervisor was a complete A%$ He was actually yelling at me so loud that most of my co-workers heard and we were behind closed doors. But yet, I was the one that got a written warning for MY behavior (basically walking out the day before).

I will admit that I got so upset that I probably said a few things that I shouldn't of but I had had enough. But the way I see it, I am a human being and no matter if you are my friend, boss, etc. I still think you should show me some respect. And I will do the same....

Anyway, I guess this is where the advice comes in...I still have my job (thank goodness) but at the moment, I feel like I have very little self pride because I did go back!! So, if you all were in my shoes, would you tuck your tail between your legs, stay and just be thankful you have a job in these trying times?!?!? Or would you decide that your stress level, happiness and self-pride was more important and start to look for something else?!?!?

8 comments:

Nichole said...

Sorry to hear about your situation. Jerk supervisors just plain suck.

I personally would start looking for a new job right away. I don't deal well with people who show disrespect to me and/or others. If I could swing it financially I would leave now, if not I would just tough it out until I found something else.

I hope you find a solution that brings you happiness and relieves some stress!!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I guess you have to look at from two sides I know you need the job or you wouldn't have went back, on the other hand stress is not good for your health...I think you & DH need to decide what is more important. I'd quit and devote all the time on the computer looking for another job plus have the added bonus of NO STRESS!
Try and have a great 4th, this to shall pass, it always does.
For my two cents he is a JERK sounds like my X:)
Rondell

Never So Simple said...

Wow! Sorry your job is so stressful. My only advice is the job market right now is awful for everyone hang in there and definitely be looking. I feel like companies have total control right now over everything because people are so desperate. I know it's hard but I would at least try and if all else fails give two weeks notice. He sounds like a real jerk and his day will come!

Donna

Mandy said...

All I can say is that people like that always reap what they sow. My dh had a very difficult boss several years ago at a former job. He started looking for something else but in the meantime, that boss ended up losing HIS job instead because of his actions.

Stress is just terrible - it can take over your life. Have a heart to heart with your dh and decide if it's worth it.

Hugs,
Mandy

OldeAnniePrimitives said...

I can see your concern. If the times weren't what they are...! But stress can wreck havoc on a person's health, mental state and overall well being. Not knowing where you live or what the job market around there might be, it's hard to say what to do . If it were me I'd start immediately looking for another job. And if you can make out with one less paycheck for a month or two, get out of there, enjoy a little time off and do some things YOU would like to do. You need to take care of yourself, first!

Hope it all works out for you! Keep us posted and try to have a happy 4th! ~~Annie

Unknown said...

Last year I walked away from a very stressful job after eight years. It was not easy but it was the best decision I have ever made good luck!

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

My advice is to listen to your heart and pray. I've had a couple of bad supervisors in the past and they make it difficult to work even when you're doing something you feel is so important like teaching. Hang in there, maybe something else will come your way.

Carey

Nicolle said...

I just came across your blog from Nichole's blog. I would look for something else right away! I did the same thing about 3 years ago. Got mad, quit...threw my badge on my desk and walked out. I was scared to death, but it was the best thing I ever did. You will find something else. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE UNHAPPY. You'll be relieved to walk away. Good luck! :)