Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hope, Love and Faith

Good evening ladies!! Assuming that any of you are still with me...I know it has been SO long since I have posted. But rest assure, I have still been around. I think lately, I have just been enjoying reading all of your blogs much more than my own.

To be honest, I just feel that my blog can be very boring in comparison to most of yours! And after reading a few of my last few posts...even kinda depressing. Which I guess at the time, was just a reflection of my mood. But in the last few weeks that I have been absent, I have been trying to reflect on certain aspects of my life. Trying to learn how to not be so negative and have a better outlook. And let me say, it seems to be working.

As much as I hate to admit this, I haven't been the most spiritual person in the past few years. But in the last few months, I have really been trying find my faith again. But as some of you may know, that isn't always easy. So, in saying that...I hope you don't mind me asking (but it just seems that so many of you are such wonderful followers of Christ) but I was just wondering if you have had such strong faith since you were young? Or have you just found God in recent years? And if so, what things did you do to find and/or strengthen that faith?

One thing that I have done, is that I subscribed to Daily Devotions for Women that is emailed to me everyday at work. It has seemed to help me see things clearer and I have trying to keep a more upbeat and positive additude. But I still find myself struggling with putting my trust in God. And I can't figure out why...

So, I would love to hear if any of you have struggles in your faith. And of so, what things have helped all of you in your Journey!?!?!?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Carrie. Great to see you back in blogland. I have missed you!! Oh - let me tell you that I could go on and on about my ups and downs with my Faith and trust in God. Back in Feb 2004 when I lost a child, I swayed away from God and my Faith was pretty much non-existant. It took me many years to get back into touch with what was important in my life and that is my walk with God and my FAITH. As I was going through fertility treatments, I realized after praying and reading the Bible that things don't happen in my time, but in God's time and then something just clicked inside me. I drew closer to God and things finally fell into place for me. I became pregnant and well that is my story. We are all going to have our depressing times, our ups and downs and we might sway here and there, but God never forsakes us. You just need to stay strong in your FAITH, trust God that he will get you through anything and enjoy reading the Bible and listening to some great Christian music. That is what always does it for me. Good Luck and stay strong!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Pam said...

Hi Carrie, I've missed you. I accepted Christ in my 20's but didn't learn the real meaning of that or put it to practice until 2003. One thing that has helped me in the past is to study the bible, read, pray and attend church regularly. I have had a lull the past 6 months or so due to some issues in our church, which I shouldn't let get in the way of my relationship with Jesus but it has. I need to take my own advice and get back to the basics. Just praying to him each day will help. I will begin praying for you each day!
Hugs,
Pam

A Bit of Colour said...

Hi Carrie,
I have been following the LORD most of my life. Raised in church, I have seen the LORD work in so many ways. I raise my kids in the church, my husband was not saved. I prayed for him for 21 years, & then GOD miraculously delivered him from alcoholism. Just like that!Since then my family has been serving the LORD together, we have been homegroup leaders in churches & on the healing team where we continue to serve. I have seen the LORD touch & heal so many people. I watch the hand of GOD move in families, & peoples from all over the world. HE is always there & HE nevers leaves you no matter what the enemy would like you to believe. The LORD loves you as you are. HE made you an individual, just like each snowflake is different, so are HIS kids. You are special! The things that you are seeing around you, you have the power to change through prayer. The heavens are the LORD's but the earth he has given to the children of men.(psalm 115:16) By the way, you do hear from the LORD.Listen to that small still voice, HE is speaking to you.

Carrie said...

Thank you ladies for all of your encouraging words!! BTW, I have missed all of you as well!!

I appreciate all of you sharing your personal journeys in your Faith with me. I think I am doing pretty well, so far.

Like I said, I have been listening to both a Christian radio station during my commute to work each morning and have been reading the devotinals that I have been receiving. And truly reflecting on them throughout the day.

I was born and raised Catholic and have swayed away from going to church on a regular basis in the past few years. But I have been wanting to start going again, even if it is not a Catholic church. I think I have it narrowed down to a couple churches, that I will be trying over the next few months.

I even called my Mom this afternoon to see if she still has my Bible from my Confirmation. So, I plan on getting that back from her and trying to read it.

I think the only negative thing in my journey so far is that my husband is not on the same page. Because of his own issues, he has chosen not to follow me in this journey.

Not that he is stopping me from my search. Actually, it is the opposite. He is quite supportive. I guess I just wish he would try to go to church with me again.

But then again, I also know that I have to do this for me. I have to find whatever it is that I feel is missing within myself.

And maybe if I pray hard enough, he will decide to follow, so we can experience God together!!

Hugs!! Carrie♥