I l♥ve EVERYTHING about it …the crisp air, the beautiful changing leaves, going to our local pumpkin patch and cooking all of my family’s favorite comfort foods.
So, I thought that I would share a YUMMY Fall dessert.
FRENCH APPLE CAKE
- 1 1/2 cup(s) of Sugar
- 4 tsp. of Water
- 1/2 Lemon
- 6 Apples
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup(s) of Flour
- 8 ounce(s) of Melted Butter
- 4 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 3 Optional Ingredients
- 8 ounce(s) of Nuts and Honey Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 cup(s) of Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup(s) of Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare a caramel: heat 3/4 cup sugar with 4 teaspoons water. when the sugar becomes light brown add the juice of 1/2 lemon and remove from heat
- Coat the bottom and sides of a spring form pan with the caramel.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples and arrange in an attractive circular overlapping overlaping pattern on the caramel.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with 3/4 cup sugar.
- Add the flour, butter and Philadelphia Cream Cheese and continue beating until you have a creamy batter.
- Pour over apples and caramel and bake for 35 minutes
- Let cool slightly prior to turning over onto a decorative cake plate.
- Optional: While cake is baking beat Nuts and Honey Philadelphia Cream Cheese until fluffy. Beat whipping cream until fluffy and then add 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Gently fold the whipped Philadelphia Cream Cheese into the Whipped Cream and chill well using the freezer if necessary. Top the warm cake slices with a spoonfull of Philadelphia Cream Cheese/whipped Cream mixture and enjoy!